statistics in vBulletin
  1. This site is not associated with any agent or consultant and colleges/universities. Views & Opinions expressed here are solely author's comment and Topuniversityforum.in is not responsible for them. Please don't make derogatory or abusive remarks against anyone.
  2. Prepare for GMAT, CAT, IIT, PMT & Other Entrance Exams. Post your questions and get answers. Collaborate, Learn & Grow.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hi Please download our Android App and enjoy the benefit of this forum on your smartphone. Download in Playstore
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Find Best Colleges in your Area, review them and share feedback.
    Dismiss Notice

Cover Letter Template & How To Use

Discussion in 'Study Lounge' started by Royaluni, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Royaluni

Royaluni Administrator

Cover letter Template- cover letter are extremely helpful in putting your case. Learn how to create cover letter.
    Cover letters are used along with your application for a new job or university. Cover letter present an overview of your qualification and explains why you should be considered for that.
    An ideal cover letter template should cover;
    • A preface covering your profile
    • Brief description of your professional details like work experience, education details, current employer etc.
    • Expertise like programming, java, c++, market research, economics etc.
    • Detailed skills presentation like relationship management, quality assurance etc.
    • Then add a short note about why looking out and applying for that positions.
    Covers letter are widely used and many institutions & employers give a lot of weightage to cover letter and information disclosed in it.
    I will suggest you avoid copy and paste cover letter templates.
    You can refer to them but it’s always better to create your cover letter. If you want you can use professionals to write custom cover letter for you.
    Cover letter should always have your contact phone number & primary email.
    You should note that cover letters and CV or bio data is different so don’t get confuse with that.
    Cv present your data in a particular format and contain all the details whereas cover letter is only there to present an overview of your profile. This broad level overview highlights your skills, expertise, and qualification and why you should be considered for the applied position.
    Cover Letter Template
    Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a person who can work well for consecutive hours with little or no supervision and still get the job done right the first time. I have experience working with various multi-cultural resources in challenging environments, where every situation required immediate attention. I quickly learned to handle various situations professionally and efficiently using my own knowledge and available resources.

FExperience: X.X years of experience in sectors (Example-IT, Pharmaceutical, Life Insurance) currently associated with Employer Name, Location as Position (Programmer Analyst, Manager etc) since Month, Year

FExpertise: Business / Market Research, Requirement Gathering & Analysis, Design, Development & Testing, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Consumer Behavior Patterns, Writing Business Documents, New Product Implementation, Test Management, Insurance & Underwriting, Client Relationship Management, Scrum Agile Methodologies, Quality Control / Assurance, MIS Reporting, Resource Management and Strategic Planning & Execution

FSkills:

·Maintain excellent relations with all staff / employees enhancing their satisfaction through excellent relationship building skills
    ·Provide highest quality of service with mutual respect and a spirit of co-operation while supporting the organization’s prosperity and growth
    ·Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, organizational and multitasking skills

Currently seeking a challenging position where I can continuetouphold high performance standards. As a member of your team, I am confident that my innovative and result-focused approach would make a significant contributiontothe continued success of your organization.

My resume is enclosed for your review and consideration. I would welcome an opportunity to meet and discuss with you my candidacy in further detail.

Thank you for your time and consideration
    Sincerely,

Your Name
    Phone:
    Email:
    This is a mere sample or cover letter template, simply modify it and use it but try to add your real details, don’t fake it.